Current Job Openings
We have just launched a national search for an Executive Director for our organization!
Executive Director for the Alliance for Sustainable Colorado
Collaborating closely with the Board of Directors and other partners, the Executive Director is responsible for guiding the organization to fulfill its mission and goals through its strategic plan. This full-time, exempt position requires passion for sustainability, experience in leadership, and expertise in raising the necessary revenues to keep the organization viable over the long-term. The Executive Director manages day-to-day operations, provides oversight and management of fundraising, finance, and program implementation. The Executive Director also focuses on staff training and development to ensure the Alliance the team is prepared to carry out job duties to the best of its abilities. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and assists in the governance of the organization.
- Set organizational vision, align operating plans to mission, and draw the most from the Alliance’s Board of Directors.
- Develop and execute the long-term strategic plan.
- Build, support, and nurture the desire and means to raise funds throughout the board and staff.
- Oversee financial position of the Alliance to ensure long-term viability, including developing and implementing the annual budget for fiscal management.
- Oversee the effective operations and financial performance of The Alliance Center.
- Play the lead in fundraising activities such as donor development, corporate sponsorships and foundation grant requests, focusing on revenue diversification.
- Oversee personnel including hiring/firing, performance reviews, compensation and benefits, professional development, team dynamics, and overall management.
- Ensure programs are implemented and evaluated regularly to achieve impact.
- Communicate between the organization and the Board including organizing board meetings, retreats and events.
- Cultivate relationships with Alliance Center tenants and external partners to strengthen the organization’s effectiveness, public presence and support.
- Represent the Alliance at events, workshops, meetings and conferences including stakeholder engagement and public speaking/presentations.
Alliance for Sustainable Colorado has retained the services of ThinkingAhead Executive Search.
Please submit your resume, expression of interest and salary history and requirements to Kara Teising, Partner, at [email protected]
We’re currently offering two internships to work with our Direct Current Microgrid project!
Click here to read the description for our “Social Cost of Carbon” internship.
Click here to read the description for our “Design Support” internship.
Application instructions are included in the attached documents.
The Alliance for Sustainable Colorado warmly welcomes volunteers to help with office work, tours, events, and programs. To express your interest in volunteering at the Alliance or receive more information on how you can get involved, please fill out our volunteer survey and email your resume to [email protected].
The Alliance for Sustainable Colorado is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.